Monday, July 10, 2006

I've got a lot of hand written entries to this blog that need posting. I'll begin with this one.

The Easter Bunny brought my kids the new Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I wasn't sure how this flick would turn out with Tim Burton directing. Don't get me wrong. I absolutely love Burton's movies. In fact, I don't think he has made anything that I don't like. Most especially the magnificent Pee Wee's Big Adventure. But Charlie and the Chocolate Factory? I was not so sure about this one.

I laughed my can off!

I loved this flick and thanks be to the Easter Bunny for having faith in the good Tim. Most especially I loved Missi Pyle's performance as the super shallow and over competitive Scarlet Beauregarde. She would make a great Utah valley mother, most likely from the Alpine/Highland area. Burton captured her making some of the funniest facial expressions ever.
I had a great time watching it with my kids while we ate chocolate Easter eggs.

Tell me what you think. Did you like or dislike it?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never read the book, but I am not sure if I enjoyed how the newer version explored Wonka's messed up youth with his dentist father that wouldn't let him eat chocolate. It was fun to see a different film version though. My favorite is still the original. I used to wake up early each Sunday morning before my parents woke up to watch it.

Kelli France said...

My kids definitely like the old one better-- not so scary, but I think they are both pretty good and random which I like. I agree that that Mom had some classic faces and I personally like Augustus Gloop better in the new one.

Kelli France said...

My kids like the old one better-not as dark but I think they are both funny and random. I could totally see that mom living in Utah or being a pageant mom. I personally liked Augustus Gloop better in the new one.