Monday, July 30, 2007

Thank God for every breath.

I picked up a case of Walking Pneumonia a few weeks back. I hope you guys can forgive me for not posting. I found this experience coupled with the recent tragedy in my little community most sobering. The weight of death and its certainty has just brought me so down. Time is a cruel thing. Life is too fragile and I understand so little about it. Just that I love it and fear its end.

Suddenly, parenting is almost too much, because the loss of a child seems unbearable. Suddenly, my relations aren’t close enough. Suddenly, my friends mean more and some acquaintances mean less. I waste so much of my precious time. And worse yet, I know these feelings will fade in a way and I secretly want them to. I wish life could be the even time signature that I am used to. I will never be the same...once again. Change is good, but it also hurts. I need peace, and it seems so hard to find.

Oh, and I swear a blood oath to you that this will never become a video blog, but I will be posting videos off and on.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i got to watch the 84 summer olympics from a hospital bed with the pneumonia. coughed up some gold medal lung boogers and actually looked forward to inhalation therapy and late nite movies because i couldnt sleep for all the carfing and hacking. plus, for months after the wind would steal my breath away and i felt shitty for a long time. yup mortality sucks donnit? however greg you have a good heart,these feelings are natural, imagine what would your life would be without your fam. do the right thing, thats what you do best. love poppy

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
G-man said...

Thanks Pop, it is good to hear those words from you.

Anonymous said...

It is good to hear that my brother is subject to the many challenges that are laid here before us. I too have had such weights brought by grief and deep thought. When it is right peace will come and no questions will be left. Dad sums it up well doesn't He. Don't forget to breathe my friend.

G-man said...

Thanks Jake.... I will remember to breathe...if you'll do the same.

;)