Tuesday, May 20, 2008

10 Things I am Grateful for

1. The gruff guy on his Harley the other morning. As I walked by his steel horse, "The Wind Beneath My Wings" by Bette Midler began playing. The Harley with a stereo seemed as out of place as this dude and Bette Midler.

2. Desert flowers, grasses, and the occasional Emerson Lake & Palmer record.

3. Hidden opportunities and uncertain futures. (hint, hint)

4. Arrowheads.

5. Odd time signatures.

6. Glasses.

7. Lonely prairie graves.

8. Cheap, plentiful, .22 cartridges.

9. Black hair, black eyes, angry lips, and mischievous smiles.

10. Barbie, Iron Man, Halo 3, & baskets on pink bikes.

11. Blowtorches.

6 comments:

JT42 said...

10 things? i count 11... ;) what hidden opportunites/unknown future are we talking about...is this a later post we should expect? :) miss talking to you and the wife, hope to see you all sometime this summer...

Anonymous said...

Angry lips?! How about passionate lips...

G-man said...

Jake,

Look to your email. I hope to see you this summer too.

G-man said...

Goddess,

Nope....angry lips.

AG said...

Thank you, thank you, thank GOD for you, the wind beneath my wings---Wow, what a moment it was to see that guy. How we held back our laughter I will never know.

Also, you could have added a 25-20 to things you are grateful for but.....

G-man said...

AG,
Really, I am supposed to be grateful for a gun I do not own! Maybe I should be grateful for my obsession with that caliber! I think not. It's like a heroin addiction. Perhaps one of my friends will see fit to relieve me of this pain. We shall see.