Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Perhaps this is too personal?


I have had the unbelievably good fortune of marrying my first love. She and I met many years before it was proper to date with the object of marriage in mind and somehow we just couldn’t let go of each other. We spent our youth together, and in many ways, we grew to be the same person.

Those of you who know the Goddess, know what an impulsive, passionate, and slightly crazy individual she is. It is one her greatest attractants. If I told her that I wanted to build a cabin in Siberia and live off of the land, she wouldn’t hesitate to see it as an adventure, and we could walk out the door that same minute. I wouldn’t trade her fiery Puerto Rican temper and passion for anything on this Earth.

Her most endearing quality is her unfailing, unflinching, sense of honesty. I have never met a person so honest. Even when it meant certain heartache, she would speak her thoughts. The older I get, I appreciate this sort of thing all the more. The great thing about a person with this attribute is that you always know where you stand.

I just wanted to say something that had a tone of gratitude. My fair wife is something I find myself grateful often these days. She makes life good and bad, but unlivable without her.

We’ve come a long way baby. There no words for where we are.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

dear young voodoo- if i ever find one like you got i would consider myself lucky too. also a lovely foto that captures her perfectly. when did you take that?
love
O. Voodoo

Anonymous said...

I am your greatest fan!!!

Love,

The Goddess

G-man said...

O.V.-

Thanks Dad. The photo was taken in Florida in November of 1995. I like it because her face betrays her emotions so vividly.

G-man said...

Nessa-
I know......

;)

Anonymous said...

My brother, I am so glad to see your outward expressions of love and affection. Sometimes we find ourselves falling in love and pursuing something we did not expect. I find mine truly sensative to those things I have grown callus to. Without her I would find no purpose, no drive. She truly is a compliment to me. Thanks for the moment of reflection. Big Jake

JT42 said...

none to personal at all. the goddess and you make a perfect pair!