Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I am not ashamed again

This song was my first exposure to Megadeth and Trent Reznor.

Isn’t that cool?

Now that I have started recording and writing music, I appreciate Reznor’s pioneering talents all the more. As far as Megadeth is concerned; I enjoy them so much more than Metallica. Before I start getting hate mail from metalheads make sure you understand what I am writing here. I like Metallica, but I like Megadeth more. It is as simple as that. No hate. It always has been a ridiculous rivalry.

This little song is an amalgation of Megadeth’s Symphony of Destruction and Trent Reznor’s mixing skills. The Countdown to Extinction CD is Megadeth’s opus. It is one of the few tapes that I managed to wear out.

Mysteriously, this tape disappeared, along with Alice in Chains, Sepultura, and various t-shirts. I wonder where they went......MOM!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had wondered if you were putting pen to paper. Sure like to get some web cam action of your work. I watched the mario version of this megadeath song, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBZZUA_KhuI, I laughed at the twisted lirics the guy used but seriously, they are a good Band.

G-man said...

I am far too shy to let most people listen to my stuff. Look to your e-mail.

Anonymous said...

MacGregor,

Say what you will about Metallica sans Mustain...I have to disagree. Megadeth is good, but Metallica is great. Think about the influence Metallica had on rock over the past 20 years. I can't think of a single other rock band who had more influence.

I agree with you, however, that the band members of both bands are whiners who've forgotten how good music can be when it's driven by hunger and poverty. They're ridiculously spoiled...

Grifter said...

Hells yes. "High Speed Dirt" for the win. I thought that album was so inspiring--with its messages about mindless political allegiance, schizophrenia, the evils of caged hunts, and dirtbikes. Epic.

G-man said...

Professor,

Like I said, my tastes lean more to the Megadeth side of things. I enjoy Metallica, but I think Megadeth push themselves to a higher musical level....for a straight up rock band.

Prog rock is, of course, much more of a challenge.

G-man said...

Grift,

"I'm a dirt torpedoe!!!!!!"

Thanks for commenting. Your musical tastes and knowledge suprise me once again.