Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Queen - Innuendo

I haven't posted a video for quite a while. I didn't want my blog to become a video showcase of my interests.

Anyway, this might be one the most perfect pieces of music in existence. The lyrics are pointed and thoughtful, the harmonies perfect, the guitar is sublime and a bit mysterious, all backed by a pulsing rhythm section. I also like the video, with its surreal imagery.

It is too bad that Freddie Mercury is no longer with us. He was special.

Enjoy.

11 comments:

ibid said...

agreed.

Anonymous said...

Thank You.

G-man said...

Z & J,

Thanks for taking the time to comment. When I consider that Mercury knew that he was dying, I find last verse especially haunting.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that prior. Made all the lyrics stand out a little more in that last verse. Thank G!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Queen CD you made. Olivia and I were cranking it up last night on our way home.

She likes the exotic bridge in this song.

Anonymous said...

greg, it was really really good to see you this last weekend. I had so much fun eating mexican food and watching tommyboy. you seem so much happier with this job, I am excited to hang out with you again when jake comes down. love you
Ashlee

AG said...

Yep, that was fun. Maybe we can contact Freddy Mercury on the other side next time we're at Diamond.

G-man said...

Ashlee,

It was a riot! I had a goofy good time too. I think we should run off with the jaker when he is here and do some of the same.

Love you too,

G

G-man said...

Comrade Miner,

Yes lets. More Precious Than Topaz.


"I lost me pick..."

melissa t. said...

your from idaho and have never had huckleberries! They are de-lish! I will make you a shake the next time you are up, by the way, when is the next time we will see ya up here?

G-man said...

Melissa,

With gas prices the way they are, I am not sure when we'll be by. But I miss me homeland!!